Sunday, September 13, 2009

Moon Blue - By Stevie Wonder

My brother came over today, to gather our mother and her things, the US Open is over and she's going back, "down south" to South Carolina. I played Moon Blue for my bro, as he ate his fish and grits, waiting for our mom "the 72 year old tennis fanatic" to pack. He loves Stevie just as much as I do, we grew up on Stevie.

Thank goodness, I'll have the tree house all to myself once again. The picture below reminds me of being bathed in blue light sublime, enchanting, strange and whimsical, exactly as Stevie describes in his beautiful song, perfect for the evening . . . I can't wait for the night. The deepness and tone of Stevie's voice is magical. I think I'll replay Moon Blue quietly, like a prayer, and give the neighbors a break, until tomorrow.








The Church of Stevie Wonder Store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe To My Podcast

The Congregation