Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Innervisions - The Greatest Album of all Times!


Innervision released in 1973 by Stevie Wonder won a Grammy for Album of the Year in 1974. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I begged my mother for my allowance so I can run down to the record store to buy, "Innervisions" . . . as I watched the Grammy's, I prayed and prayed to hear, " . . . and the winner is Stevie Wonder!" I heard, . . . and the winner is Stevie Wonder about 4 or 5 times that night. Stevie nearly walked away with all of the grammy's that night!

Album of the Year . . .and the winner is Stevie Wonder!
Best Engineered Non-Classical Recording . . .and the winner is Stevie Wonder!
Best R&B Song . . .and the winner is Stevie Wonder!

I thought I had died and gone to Stevie Wonder heaven."

One of my favorites songs on the Album is "Golden Lady" . . . I could swear Stevie wrote this song for me and was whispering the lyrics in my ear.

A touch of rain and sunshine made the flower grow
Into a lovely smile thats blooming
And its so clear to me that your my dream come true
There is no way that Ill be losing

And golden lady, golden lady
I'd like to go there
Golden lady, golden lady
I'd like to go there
Take me right away

All songs written, produced and arranged by Stevie Wonder. 1973.

Side One
"Too High" – 4:37
"Visions" – 5:22
"Living for the City" – 7:22
"Golden Lady" – 5:00

Side Two
"Higher Ground" – 3:42
"Jesus Children of America" – 4:10
"All in Love Is Fair" – 3:42
"Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing" – 4:44
"He's Misstra Know-It-All" – 5:35

He also played virtually all instruments on "Too High", "Living for the City", "Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing", "Higher Ground", "Jesus Children of America", and "He's Misstra Know-It-All".

Stevie Wonder on Bass, Harmonica, Piano, Drums, Keyboards, Vocals, Moog Synthesizer, Multi Instruments, Fender Rhodes, Moog Bass, Fender Electric Piano, Moog Bells. Amazing Grace!

I played the Album today about 4 times, straight through, and it sounds fresher than ever, still better than anything around. If you don't own this Album, your lost.







The Church of Stevie Wonder Store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe To My Podcast

The Congregation