Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Had to Own It . . . Again!

Today I had to break down and purchase the "Journey Through the Secret Life of Plants". I couldn't resist this masterpiece one more day. This album was released in 1979 and it was widely panned by the so-called music critics, who did not try to understand Stevie's classical, experimental, and mostly instrumental conceptual album based on the praise of Mother Earth. The Album is the soundtrack to the movie of the same title.

I remember when the album originally came out, basically I was like everybody else, expecting another R&B/Jazz based Stevie album. Luckily, I had studied classical music and was in a glee club that sang baroque (not "broke") music, so I was pleasantly surprised at Stevie's "new sound" and I did not go into shock when I didn't hear R&B.

My wish is for Stevie to keep pushing himself creatively, and produce more music, outside of the box, because I know his mind and talent would create magic!







The Church of Stevie Wonder Store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe To My Podcast

The Congregation