Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Listening to Stevie Wonder "Contusion"


This morning I woke up to "Contusion" the instrumental jazz complilation by Stevie Wonder. He wrote it after his near fatal car accident in 1973. I could not believe my eyes as I read it in the newspaper, "Stevie Wonder in a Coma". Stevie became part of my nightly teenage prayers, "please God, let me meet Michael Jackson, please God, make sure Stevie Wonder is okay, please God, I want to dance on Soul Train"

Stevie was in a coma for 4 days. Thank God for his brother Calvin who saved his life. I remember those days, my family and I were on a natural high of watching Stevie turn the Grammy's into the Stevie Wonder Show. He bought some joy inside our tears.

Let the Church of Stevie Wonder say, AMEN!



He came out of the coma, and wrote this amazing piece.





The Church of Stevie Wonder Store


Let the church say, "AMEN!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe To My Podcast

The Congregation